Thank you barefoot fans!
We had 25 people on today’s teleclass about barefoot running, walking, footwear and more, including a number of people who called in from Europe (I scheduled the call so that Europeans would still be awake and could join us).
If you missed the call, or were on it and want to hear parts again, here it is. Enjoy (click on the arrow, below):
If you want to download the audio, right click or Ctrl-click on this link: Barefoot Teleclass
On this call, we had a great chat about everything from:
- Transitioning to being barefoot in cold weather
- How to walk barefoot
- The correct foot strike for barefoot walking
- Becoming your own running coach
- The difference between barefoot running and running in sandals
- Getting rid of “slapping” sounds when running in sandals
- Dealing with objections that schools have to minimalist shoes and, especially, sandals
- Great cues to eliminate overstriding
- Is there magic in the idea that your stride cadence should be 180 steps/minute
- How Xero Shoes have ruined some people’s lives (it’s not what you think)
I really enjoyed this call and was given one suggestion that I’m going to follow up on, namely, making this a monthly event.
As soon as the new website is up and running (soon, I expect), I’ll include a page that announces when I’ll be scheduling an ongoing Q&A call.
Let the fun continue!
Posted by Barefoot Running | Posted on 28-11-2012
| Posted in
On Saturday, December 1, 2012, I’ll be hosting another live teleseminar where I’m available to answer any questions you have about:
- Barefoot running
- The transition to barefoot
- Minimalist shoes
- Xero Shoes (formerly Invisible Shoes)
- Distance vs. Sprinting vs. Speed
- … and anything else you can think of!
Time: The call is at 2pm Eastern Time, which is 11am Pacific time, and 1900 GMT (if you’re not sure what time that is, check www.time.gov
Dial in number: You can call in at no charge from the US (209.255.1000) or using any of the international numbers, below
Access Code: When you call, you’ll be asked for an access code. It’s: 951322#
No need no register, just call in at the correct time and join us for a fun and informative call!
Last night (November 25th), we had a teleseminar about all things barefoot, from running to walking to hiking to, well anything else that came up.
It was an open format call where I just answered whatever questions came up. We discussed:
- Distance running form vs. sprinting form
- The proper way to walk when barefoot
- “Front side” vs. “Back side” mechanics
- Which muscles you should be using when you’re barefoot/minimalist
- Confusion about foot strike (and clarification about what’s correct)
- Barefoot running injuries and what’s the best kind of injury you can get (seriously)
- Why comparing sole thicknesses of minimalist shoes is meaningless
- What makes Xero Shoes (formerly Invisible Shoes) different than other minimalist footwear, including other sandals
- and a LOT more…
The call ran about 42 minutes and, no doubt, we’ll be doing more of them in the future. It was a lot of fun.
You can listen to the teleseminar here (click on the arrow):
… or download the audio. Right click (or Ctrl-Click) here: Barefoot Teleseminar
If there’s a question we didn’t get to, feel free to ask it in the comments section or on our Forum. I may answer it here, or I may wait and schedule another barefoot teleseminar and dive into it on the call.